Whatever else history may say about me when I’m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty’s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity’s arm steadying your way.Ronald Wilson Reagan (1911-02-06 – 2004-06-05) was an American actor and politician, who became 33rd Governor of California and 40th President of the United States; He was the husband of Jane Wyman (1940–1948) and Nancy Reagan (married in 1952).Q1
Whatever else history may say about me when I’m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty’s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity’s arm steadying your way.
Q2

One legislator accused me of having a nineteenth-century attitude on law and order. That is a totally false charge. I have an eighteenth-century attitude...
Q3
The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.
Q4
I'm convinced that today the majority of Americans want what those first Americans wanted: A better life for themselves and their children; a minimum of government authority.
Q5
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
Q6
A troubled and afflicted mankind looks to us, pleading for us to keep our rendezvous with destiny; that we will uphold the principles of self-reliance, self-discipline, morality, and, above all, responsible liberty for every individual that we will become that shining city on a hill.
Q7
I believe with all my heart that our first priority must be world peace, and that use of force is always and only a last resort, when everything else has failed, and then only with regard to our national security.
Q8
You and I are told increasingly that we have to choose between a left or right, but I would like to suggest that there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down...
Q9
They say we offer simple answers to complex problems. Well, perhaps there is a simple answer — not an easy answer — but simple.
Q10
Abraham Lincoln freed the black man. In many ways, Dr. King freed the white man...
Q11
The defense policy of the United States is based on a simple premise: The United States does not start fights. We will never be an aggressor.
Q12
The only way there could be war is if they start it; we're not going to start a war.
Q13
We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free.
Q14
It is time for us to realize that we're too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams.
Q15
We must all educate ourselves to the reality of the horrors taking place.
Q16
The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted, it belongs to the brave.
Q17
Cannot swords be turned to plowshares? Can we and all nations not live in peace? In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity.
Q18
Freedom is the right to question and change the established way of doing things.
Q19
I hope we once again have reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited.
Q20
Once you begin a great movement, there's no telling where it will end. We meant to change a nation, and instead, we changed a world.
Q21
America's best days are yet to come. Our proudest moments are yet to be. Our most glorious achievements are just ahead.
Q22
Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again.
Q23
Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other.
Q24
Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence.
Q25
Let it show on the record that when the American people cried out for economic help, Jimmy Carter took refuge behind a dictionary. Well, if it's a definition he wants, I'll give him one. A recession is when your neighbor loses his job. A depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his.
Q26
Let it show on the record that when the American people cried out for economic help, Jimmy Carter took refuge behind a dictionary. Well, if it's a definition he wants, I'll give him one. A recession is when your neighbor loses his job. A depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his.
Q27
History teaches that wars begin when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap.
Q28
Recognizing the equality of all men and women, we are willing and able to lift the weak, cradle those who hurt, and nurture the bonds that tie us together as one nation under God.
Q29
There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit.
Q30
I do not believe in a fate that will fall on us no matter what we do. I do believe in a fate that will fall on us if we do nothing.
Q31
We have every right to dream heroic dreams. Those who say that we're in a time when there are no heroes, they just don't know where to look.
Q32
we must realize that no arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
Q33
In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.
Q34
The ten most dangerous words in the English language are "Hi, I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."
Q35
Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders. ...
Q36
I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph. And there's purpose and worth to each and every life.

No comments:
Post a Comment